Cambridge roadrunners Girls’ Hockey Association (CrGHA) is pleased to announce
that they will be fielding a team at the U11 AA level for the upcoming
With an emphasis on high level skill development and systems orientated play, this highly structured program will be focused on performance, competitive play, and preparation for top team placement in U13. Through the combination of multiple weekly practices, tournaments, and regular season/exhibition games the team is scheduled to utilize over 150 hours of ice during the upcoming season. In addition to on ice activities, players will enhance their development through participation in:
- off-ice development sessions led by certified professionals focused on physical training, nutrition, and mental preparation
- team building events designed to promote bonding and unity
- community involvement events to support local charities and those in need
- off ice video sessions to enhance and reinforce on ice learning and game play
- white board sessions to develop systems, positioning and special teams play
Players will be supported by a staff consisting of both parent and non-parent coaches with a demonstrated record of success at top levels.
In addition to the slated OWHA schedule (20 games) and additional exhibition games planned, the team will also be attending several tournaments to ensure that players get exposure to as many competitive teams and situations as possible. At present the following tournaments are being considered:
September: Oshawa (Hotel)
November: Pittsburgh, PA (hotel, international)
April: Championship Weekend and Provincials
Tryouts are scheduled to occur in early September and player selection will be based on a combination of skill, work ethic, commitment, and desire to excel at an elite level. If your daughter is interested in playing at the AA level in Cambridge you are encouraged to reach out in advance to the Head Coach at [email protected] to discuss.