Once again, we are able to volunteer for
bingos and give back to our community and raise funds to help keep our
registration fees as low as possible!
As with so many circumstances with COVID 19
we will need to adapt how we volunteer, therefore we have temporarily amended
our bingo requirements, to align with Cambridge Gaming (cGaming) requirements
COVID 19 Temporary Team Volunteering Requirements Policy Amendment:
This temporary policy is to be read in conjunction with Cambridge roadrunners Gils’ Hockey Association Policies as posted on the roadrunners website. This temporary policy amendment applies directly to section 14, TEAM VOLUNTEERING REQUIREMENT POLICY.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic impacting volunteer opportunities it has become necessary to amend our volunteer requirements for the 2022-2023 season as follows:
Section 126.96.36.199 NON-BENCH ROLES
· BINGO – 2 trained volunteers must attend one Bingo session on behalf of their team. For the 2022-23 bingo volunteer season an exception will apply to any Bingo session during April 2022, during which only 1 trained volunteer must attend one Bingo session on behalf of their team.
WHAT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING FOR A BINGO:
· COVID entry protocols including checking vaccine passports will no longer be in place or required.
· It is the responsibility of the volunteer to have a back up to fulfill their obligation in the case of COVID exposure or other emergency that would prevent them from attending the session as CrGHA is penalized if volunteers do not show up for their session. We encourage you to pre-arrange this backup volunteer as your team will not receive credit for the volunteer session if there is a no show.
· Dress code policy is in effect – charity logo/name on collared shirt/dark pants/skirt (no jeans).
· Only fully trained volunteers are permitted. It is the volunteer’s responsibility to ensure that they have met the requirements. CrGHA is penalized if the volunteers are not fully trained as the volunteer would be considered to be a no show. Your team risks not receiving credit for the session of you are not fully trained before your volunteer session.
· Plan to arrive 10 minutes early and sign in. Stay until the end of the volunteer session and sign out. CrGHA is penalized if the volunteers are not on site and signed in for the full 2 hours and your team risks not receiving credit for the session of you are not signed in for the full 2-hour session.
· There is a phased approach:
PHASE ONE (April 4th – April 30th)
Charities are required to send one fully trained volunteer to carry out roles in the Charitable Gaming Centre. A second volunteer may be provided but is not required during this time.
· The focus is on providing great customer service and being a customer ambassador. Here are the mandated roles:
o With a smiling face, welcome customers at the main entrance and thank them for supporting your charity and assist with doors.
o Provide information on games, programs, and promotions, answer questions etc.
o Circulate in Cabinet Game area ‐ chat with customers when appropriate.
o If requested by the operator ‐ assist with promotions –‐ e.g., handing out ballots, prizes.
o Support approved charity awareness initiatives from your charity ‐ e.g., displays, brochures, giveaways or gifts.
· Optional roles are those with operator agreement and at the discretion of the volunteer – (not mandated but greatly appreciated). For food handling and clean‐up, proper local protocols will be established (e.g., hand washing /disinfectant after certain tasks) and gloves may be provided by the operator or the association if needed.
o Assist with delivery of food and non‐alcoholic beverages
o Offer water to customers
o Return food trays to kitchen area
o Assist with clean‐up (used bingo paper, etc.) – this frees up staff to sell.
o Assist with callbacks of bingo winners (if approved by operator)
PHASE TWO (May 1st)
As of May 1st, two fully trained volunteers will be required for each charity assignment. The normal contractual roles as per OCGA Policies and Standards for Charities will be required along with any local policies.
WHO IS A FULLY TRAINED VOLUNTEER:
Previously registered fully trained volunteers:
· All previously registered fully trained volunteers will be required to have completed the OCGA mandated online training prior to doing an assignment in the cGaming center. Please follow this link to complete the online training: https://www.charitablegaming.com/volunteer-training The training should take about 25 minutes to complete. The Parent volunteer Co-Ordinator will receive a weekly list of the volunteers who have completed the on-line training so please complete your training well in advance.
· No shadowing will be required provided that you are on the cGaming Bona Fide Volunteers list. When you sign up for a volunteer time slot the Parent Volunteer Co-Ordinator will verify your name to the list and advise you via email on your registered status.
· AODA training material (CLICK HERE) must be re-read prior to volunteering for the first time
· All new volunteers will be required to have completed the OCGA mandated online training AND the shadowing requirement prior to doing an assignment in the cGaming center. Please follow this link to complete the online training: https://www.charitablegaming.com/volunteer-training The training should take about 25 minutes to complete.
· Shadowing an experienced volunteer will be required to be completed to be considered a fully trained volunteer. cGaming will be providing a Q&A this week to clarify how shadowing can be achieved. Please stay tuned!. On-line training must be completed before you are eligible to shadow.
· The Parent volunteer Co-Ordinator will receive a weekly list of the volunteers who have completed the on-line training and shadowing so please complete your training well in advance.
· AODA training material (CLICK HERE) must be re-read prior to volunteering for the first time.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER FOR A BINGO:
Volunteer opportunities for "Bingo Volunteer Sign-up sheet - 2022 - 23 Season" are now open.
Please click on the following web link (or copy it into your web browser if clicking doesn't work) to go to the signup sheet:
To sign up, just follow the instructions on the page. Please also list your team name at the start of your first name. It only takes a few seconds to do.
Thank you for volunteering!