Once again, we are able to volunteer for
bingos and give back to our community and raise funds to help keep our
registration fees as low as possible!
As with so many circumstances with COVID 19
we will need to adapt how we volunteer, therefore we have temporarily amended
our bingo and tournament volunteering requirements as follows:
COVID 19 Temporary Team Volunteering Requirements Policy Amendment:
This temporary policy is to be read in conjunction with Cambridge roadrunners Gils’ Hockey Association Policies as posted on the roadrunners website. This temporary policy amendment applies directly to section 14, TEAM VOLUNTEERING REQUIREMENT POLICY.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic impacting volunteer opportunities it has become necessary to amend our volunteer requirements for the 2021-2022 season as follows:
Section 184.108.40.206 NON-BENCH ROLES
· BINGO – 1 fully vaccinated volunteer must attend one Bingo session on behalf of their team. Due to COVID 19 limiting bingo volunteer opportunities there may be insufficient bingos to accommodate this requirement. If there are insufficient bingo opportunities the team must then volunteer for an additional 3 hours per team during the CrGHA tournament weekend; this is in addition to the 1 volunteer hour per rostered player as noted in section 220.127.116.11 TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEER.
Any team opting to volunteer for the additional 3 per team hours during the CrGHA tournament weekend must notify the Parent Volunteer Coordinator via email at [email protected] no later than January 10, 2022. It is the responsibility of the team management to co-ordinate their team volunteers to fulfill the additional 3 hours per team.
Each team that fulfills its mandatory volunteering obligations will receive a 50% discount on their Cambridge tournament entry fee. Teams unable to play in the Cambridge tournament, because there isn’t a division for them to play in, will receive the same amount, as they would have received, to be used towards entry fees to another tournament.
WHAT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING FOR A BINGO:
· Only one volunteer is allowed for a two-hour assignment due to limited duties and health and safety concerns – there will be no exceptions
· All participating volunteers must be fully vaccinated.
· It this the responsibility of the volunteer to have a back up to fulfill their obligation in the case of COVID exposure or other emergency that would prevent them from attending the session as CrGHA is penalized if volunteers do not show up for their session. We encourage you to pre-arrange this backup volunteer as your team will not receive credit for the volunteer session if there is a no show.
· Plan to arrive 10 minutes early and sign in. Stay until the end of the volunteer session and sign out. CrGHA is penalized if the volunteers are not on site and signed in for the full 2 hours and your team risks not receiving credit for the session of you are not signed in for the full 2 hour session.
· Volunteer Training:
- Core cGaming (Cambridge Gaming) online training is not required at this time – it will be required once normal roles return
- AODA training material (click for link) must be re-read prior to volunteering for the first time
· Role for the volunteer:
- The roles are provincially mandated and required in all cGaming locations
- The volunteer will be stationed at the door for the two-hour assignment – center staff are there to carry out the required health and safety protocols
- Volunteers will welcome customers at entrance/open doors
- Thank customers for coming and supporting your charity
- Indicate what charity they are representing
- Dress code policy is in effect – charity logo/name on collared shirt/dark pants/skirt (no jeans)
- Assist center staff with managing logistics at the door and entry protocols, for example:
-Assist with customer count to manage capacity restrictions
-Provide customers with session programs/times and information on promotions
-Assist with any health protocols if request by the operator.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER FOR A BINGO:
Volunteer opportunities for "2021-22 Bingo Volunteer" are now open.
Please click on the following web link (or copy it into your web browser if clicking doesn't work) to go to the signup sheet:
To sign up, just follow the instructions on the page. It only takes a few seconds to do.
Please note your team at the start of your first name to ensure that your team receives the credit for your valuable time.
Thank you for volunteering!